Maui chicken recipe
Maui ChickenThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThe Maui chicken recipe is a mouthwatering dish inspired by the tropical flavors of the Hawaiian island. This recipe combines tender chicken breast with a tangy and sweet marinade made from pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ginger. Grilled to perfection, the chicken is then topped with a delicious pineapple salsa for an extra burst of freshness. With its combination of savory and sweet flavors, this Maui chicken recipe is sure to transport you to the sunny shores of Hawaii.
Keywords: Maui chicken, tropical flavors, pineapple juice, grilled chicken, pineapple salsa
Maui chicken recipe details
Tropical fruits and spices make an easy marinade for juicy chicken thighs.
Ready in: 2 hours 35 mins
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup passion fruit nectar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Green onions, finely minced, for garnish
- Fresh pineapple, sliced, for garnish
Preparation methodPrep: 2 hours 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Add pineapple juice, passion fruit nectar, peanut oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and allspice in a non-reactive baking dish large enough to hold all the chicken. Mix well. Add the chicken thighs and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding the marinade, and pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill the thighs, skin side down for about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and place on the side of the grill (cooler part) and close the cover of the grill. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
4. Garnish with green onions and pineapple slices.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Maui chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 81 times, 1 visit(s) today