Marinated beef brisket roasted with vegetables recipe
Marinated Beef Brisket Roasted With Vegetables
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A big-flavored marinade gives this brisket big taste. Add in some veggie friends at the end of cooking and you’ve got a meal fit for any gathering.
Ready in: 15 hours 15 mins
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup grated onions
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 to 6 pounds trimmed beef brisket
- 8 potatoes, quartered
- 8 carrots
- 6 stalks celery, cut in 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 3 onions, quartered
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 3 hours | Extra time: 12 hours, marinating
1. Combine first twelve ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Place brisket in a 9×13-inch baking dish and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours, turning several times and basting with marinade.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove brisket from marinade and place in large clean glass baking dish.
4. Bake brisket for 1 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on how well-cooked you want the brisket to be. 1 hour before stop cooking, add the potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions to the dish.
5. Remove from oven and let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Slice across the grain at a 45-degree angle. Serve.
Reference: Marinated beef brisket roasted with vegetables recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.