Maple glazed baked pears recipe
Maple Glazed Baked Pears recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts)
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 ripe but firm pears (Anjou pears work well)
- 6 Tablespoons cranberry-apple juice
- 6 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (New Hampshire syrup works best)
- Fresh nutmeg
A breakfast favorite at the “Tartan Fox”.
Mix nuts, brown sugar, and butter in small bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together cranberry-apple juice and maple syrup to form glaze.
Peel pears and, using melon baler, core each half. Press nut mixture into cavities. Place in individual baking dishes, stuffing side down. Pour glaze over pears and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until pears are tender when pierced with a turkey skewer. Baste pears with glaze 2 or 3 times as they bake.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with fresh ground nutmeg and garnish with fresh mint leaf.
Tags: recipe, Maple glazed baked pears recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Maple glazed baked pears recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com