Maple bacon caramel cake recipe
Maple Bacon Caramel CakeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIndulge in the sweet and savory flavors of this irresistible Maple Bacon Caramel Cake. This delectable dessert combines layers of moist and fluffy cake infused with the rich taste of maple syrup. The cake is then generously frosted with a creamy caramel buttercream, perfectly complemented by crispy bacon bits sprinkled on top. With its unique combination of flavors, this cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering or special occasion.
Keywords: Maple bacon, caramel cake, recipe, sweet and savory, indulgent
Maple bacon caramel cake recipe details
This is a rich, sweet & savory, made from scratch cake that I baked for my last birthday. The bacon sounds weird, but it gives it a unique, bold flavor that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the cake. Good for an indulgent breakfast pastry too!
Ready in: 1 hour 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 strips thick cut hickory bacon
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Preparation methodPrep: 45 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. To make frosting, stir brown sugar, and evaporated milk together in saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Cook over medium high heat until it reaches 235 to 240 degrees (the soft ball stage). Do not stir.
2. Remove from heat and float butter on top. Cool (without stirring) to about 110 degrees.
3. While frosting cools, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Cook bacon until firm but still chewy and let cool.
5. Meanwhile, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, baking powder, and sage in large bowl and mix well.
6. Add eggs, oil, cream, and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
7. Crumble cooled bacon coarsely into roughly 1/4″ pieces and fold into batter. Pour batter into greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
8. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown in color and toothpick comes out clean.
9. When frosting has cooled 110 degrees, add salt and vanilla and stir until thick and creamy.
10. When cake is done, remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes, then turn out of pan onto wire rack to cool.
11. Frost with caramel frosting. Add milk to frosting if it is too thick.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Maple bacon caramel cake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.