Manhattan style clam chowder
Manhattan- Style Clam Chowder
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Diced, sliced bacon (5to 6)
2. minced clam with juice (2 to 3cans)
3. diced potatoes (3med.)
4. dried thyme (1tsp)
5. bay leaf (1)
6. black pepper
7. salt (1 1/2tsp)
8. tomatoes, broken up, undrained (1large can)
9. fresh parsley (1tbsp)
10. thinly sliced celery leaves (3ribs)
11. thinly sliced carrots (2)
12. chopped onion (1c)
13. flour blended with 1 tbsp of melted butter (1tbsp)
14. clam juice (1bottle)
Method of preparation
1. Take diced bacons, fry them until get crispy. Drain them and place in 3 Â½ quarter or larger slow cooker. Now add the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix them to blend.
2. Cover the cooker, reduce the heat to low and keep it to cook for about 8 to 10 hours. To make it thicker add the flour butter mixture in it during the last 30 minutes. When clam chowder gets ready then serve it hot.
Number of servings – 4
Reference: Manhattan style clam chowder
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)