Malvani chicken curry recipe
Malvani Chicken Curry RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThe Malvani chicken curry recipe is a delicious and aromatic dish hailing from the coastal region of Malvan in Maharashtra, India. This traditional recipe combines tender pieces of chicken with a rich and flavorful gravy made from a blend of spices, coconut, and tamarind. The dish is known for its unique combination of spicy, tangy, and slightly sweet flavors that tantalize the taste buds. It is a popular choice for special occasions and gatherings, as it is sure to impress both family and friends.
Keywords: Malvani, chicken curry, recipe, coastal, Maharashtra.
Malvani chicken curry recipe detailsIngredients
1. Grated coconut (1)
2. garlic paste (2tbsp)
3. ginger paste (2tbsp)
4. chicken (8 med. Size pieces about 800 gms)
5. chopped onions (4)
6. oil (2tbsp)
7. salt (to taste)
8. chopped green chilies (8)
9. hot spice mix or garam masala (2tsp)
10. turmeric powder (1/2tsp)
11. red chili powder (1tsp)
12. chopped coriander leaves (for garnish)
Method of preparation
1. Take half of green chilies, grind them to make paste and mix this paste of green chilies with ginger paste,red chili powder, turmeric and garlic paste.
2. Take chicken pieces, make small cuts on them and then apply the paste on pieces and keep them to marinate for about an hour.
3. Take a pan, heat oil in it and then roast coconut shaving in it until the coconut changes to light brown in color. Keep it to cool and then grind with half of the onions to make paste.
4. Take a heavy bottomed pan, place it over heat and saute onions in it for about 2 minutes on medium heat until they get light brown. Then add the left over green chilies and garam masala powder in it and fry them for few seconds.
5. Now add the chicken pieces in it and cook them for about 3 minutes on medium heat until they get lightly brown in color. Then add coconut paste and salt in it and mix it well. Add water as per desired quantity in it and keep it to boil.
6. Turn down the heat to low, cover the pan and keep the chicken to cook for about 25 minutes until it gets soft and fully cooked. When it gets ready then decorate it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Number of servings – 4
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Malvani chicken curry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.