Low country boil recipe
Low Country Boil recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 1/2 pound kielbasa or turkey kielbasa (per person)
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp in shell (per person)
- 3 small new potatoes (per person)
- 1 ear of corn (per person)
- bay leaves
- Old Bay seasoning
- black pepper
- Tabascopepper sauce
- 2 small onions (per person)
- 1 carrot cut into fourths (per person)
- 1 to 2 crabs (per person)
Boil water in a very large steam kettle on stove or on an outdoor cooker. Season water with your choice of mentioned flavorings along with a little lemon juice or vinegar. Add potatoes, carrots, sausage and onions. Bring back to a boil and boil until almost tender. Add corn-on-the cob and crabs and boil for 5 minutes longer. Finally, add shrimp and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes more, or until shrimp are just cooked. Enjoy with cornbread, slaw, and watermelon!
Tags: recipe, Low country boil recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Low country boil recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com