Lobster chicken and asparagus penne pasta recipe
Lobster, Chicken, and Asparagus Penne Pasta
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A delicious combination of lobster, chicken, and asparagus with a homemade alfredo sauce. Top with diced tomatoes and chopped green onions!
Ready in: 50 mins
- 1 pound penne pasta (fettucine would work well also)
- 2 cups chopped, trimmed asparagus
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Diced tomatoes and chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Bring large pot of water to boil and cook pasta to desired doneness, about 8 minutes for al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water to stop cooking process, and set aside.
2. Steam or blanche asparagus until desired doneness, and set aside. Take care not to overcook asparagus… it should retain a “crunch” when bitten.
3. Combine garlic, butter, and olive oil in saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes to infuse butter/oil mixture with garlic flavor.
4. Add heavy cream and whisk to combine.
5. Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water, add to mix and increase heat to medium-high while whisking constantly.
6. Once mixture thickens, lower heat to medium and add shredded Gruyere, a handful at a time. Whisk until mixture is smooth and cheese is fully melted before adding next handful. Repeat until all cheese is incorporated.
7. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink in the middle. Add lobster, cooked asparagus, pasta, and cheese mixture.
8. Serve with chilled diced tomatoes and chopped green onion for an interesting twist.
Reference: Lobster chicken and asparagus penne pasta recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.