Lisa’s simple banana nut bread recipe
Lisa’s Simple Banana Nut Bread
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
This is a simple banana bread recipe that my sister has made over the years and that we all have enjoyed.
Ready in: 2 hours
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour
| Extra time: 40 mins, cooling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. Cream sugar, butter and egg with an electric mixer until smooth. Add bananas, orange peel and milk, mixing well.
4. Slowly add flour mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in chopped walnuts.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove from loaf pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Reference: Lisa’s simple banana nut bread recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.