Banana pinwheels and pecan butter
Banana Pinwheels and Pecan Butter recipe
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 2/3 cup mashed oven-ripe bananas
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted, extra
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pecan Butter:
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Grease a cookie tray. Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Fold in butter mixture, cream cheese and bananas; mix to a soft dough. Knead dough gently on a floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a long rectangle. Brush with extra butter and sprinkle with sugar. Roll up tightly from long side and trim ends. Cut into 16 slices. Place slices cut side up in prepared tray. Bake at 350 degrees for 3 minutes. Brush with glaze and serve with pecan butter.
Glaze: Sprinkle gelatin over combined water and maple syrup in cup. Stand in small pan of simmering water, stir until gelatin is dissolved.
Pecan Butter:Beat butter and maple syrup in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in nuts and cinnamon.
Tags: recipe, Banana pinwheels and pecan butter, cooking, diy