Lemon lime spicy chicken recipe
Lemon Lime Spicy ChickenThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This sour and spicy chicken dish will leave your taste buds dancing.
Ready in: 1 hour 35 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness. Use a fork to poke several holes on both sides of the chicken.
2. In a glass baking dish or resealable plastic bag, mix the oil, lime juice, lemon pepper, garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Add the chicken to this marinade mixture, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour, overnight preferably.
3. Heat the grill to High. Baste chicken with marinade before placing on the grill. Grill chicken for 7 minutes on each side, only turning once, and baste with marinade again right after flipping. Remove from heat when chicken is cooked, juices run clear, and internal temperature reads at least 165 degrees F.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken. Place chicken back on grill for one more minute, until cheese is melted.
Reference: Lemon lime spicy chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)