Larry’s chili recipe
Larry’s ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I came up with this recipe by just messing around trying to find a good recipe for chili, and so far every time I make it people line up for a bowl…hope you like it! I usually let mine cook for minimum of 10-12 hours, but i feel the longer it cooks, the more the it brings out all the flavor. This is as mild tasting chili or as hot as you want to make it. I really don’t like it too hot so I find my chili to be spicy enough for chili but not so bad that I start sweating.
Ready in: 3 hours 15 mins
- 2 (12 ounce) rolls hot and zesty sausage
- 2 pounds ground round or chuck
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 3 (14ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 large onions, chopped (i use one sweet and one white)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1/2 (8 ounce) jar sliced jalapenoes + 1/2 jar juice from jalapenoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- salt to taste
- paprika to taste
- a few different hot sauces(i usually use Frank’s Red Hot(R), Tabasco(R) and Louisiana-style)
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Start off by cooking hot sausage and hamburger until browned, drain off grease and let set for a couple of minutes.
2. Add meat into large pot and add beef broth, chicken broth, and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
3. Once brought to a boil add remaining ingredients (jalapenos with juice, onions, chilies, tomatoes, and beans).
4. Add paprika and chili powder to taste. Add a little of all 3 hot sauces and mix well.
5. Let it cook over low heat for a couple of hours and taste…then add more spices and and hot sauces to taste.
Reference: Larry’s chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)