King’s chili recipe
King’s ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the King's Chili recipe, a hearty and flavorful dish that will warm you up from the inside out. This recipe has been passed down through generations, perfected by the King family. Packed with a medley of spices, tender chunks of meat, and a variety of beans, this chili is a crowd-pleaser. Whether you're hosting a game day gathering or simply craving comfort food, the King's Chili recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Keywords: chili, recipe, King's, hearty, flavorful.
King's chili recipe details
My grandma’s chili. You can make this as thick or soupy as you like. It’s awesome either way. This makes quite a lot and it freezes well. So have your Tupperware ready.
Ready in: 2 hours 10 mins
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound Old Folks(R) Ground Hot Sausage
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tab MEXENE(R) chili powder seasoning
- 2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light red kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans or pinto beans
- 1 (64 ounce) bottle tomato juice
- 64 ounces water
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. In a large pot, cook onions in bacon drippings on med until it starts to become transparent, add salt. Turn heat to high and add ground hot sausage. when sausage is no longer pink add Ground beef. When Beef is browned drain. Return to pot, add about a cup of water and stir in MEXENE Chili Powder Seasoning and cumin (Optional) then simmer until most of the water has simmered off but the meat is still moist.
2. Add all the other ingredients (Beans and tomato juice and water) If you want a thicker chili, either let it simmer for a couple hours (which is awesome by the way) or don’t put in as much tomato juice and water. Always put tomato juice and water in in equal proportions.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: King’s chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 54 times, 1 visit(s) today