Kevin’s cowboy salsa recipe
Kevin’s Cowboy Salsa
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Hearty, sweet,and vinegary salsa, perfect for everyday snacking or for parties.
Ready in: 1 day 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 green, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 diced red onion
Prep: 1 day 1 hour | Cook: 5 mins
1. Combine canola oil, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
2. Combine pinto beans, white corn, black eyed peas, peppers, and onion in a large mixing bowl. Pour mixture of oil, vinegar and sugar over beans and veggies. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Refrigerate mixture and allow to marinate for at least 24 hours. Drain mixture. Serve cold with tortilla chips.
Reference: Kevin’s cowboy salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.