Jerk chicken with pineapple asparagus sauce recipe
Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Asparagus SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the tantalizing and flavorful dish of Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Asparagus Sauce! This mouthwatering recipe combines the bold and spicy flavors of jerk seasoning with the sweetness of pineapple and the freshness of asparagus. The succulent chicken is marinated in a blend of aromatic spices, then grilled to perfection, creating a charred and smoky exterior while remaining tender and juicy on the inside. The accompanying pineapple asparagus sauce adds a delightful tanginess and a touch of tropical sweetness, perfectly complementing the heat of the jerk chicken. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey bursting with Caribbean-inspired flavors!
Keywords: Jerk chicken, Pineapple asparagus sauce, Spicy, Grilled, Caribbean-inspired
Jerk chicken with pineapple asparagus sauce recipe details
Spicy, meaty, and healthy too? This simple dinner recipe wins the Triple Crown of meals.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While oil is heating, coat chicken with jerk seasoning on all sides. Then add chicken to skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until meat is no longer pink in the middle and has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
2. Remove chicken from skillet. Add remaining olive oil to pan, heat, and then cook asparagus, pineapple, and onion in the hot oil for about 3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, juice, and mustard. Pour into the skillet and incorporate fruit and vegetables into the sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes to thicken.
4. To serve, place a serving of rice on each plate; top with chicken and the sauce.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Jerk chicken with pineapple asparagus sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 46 times, 1 visit(s) today