Jalapeno bacon burgers with manchego cheese recipe
Jalapeno Bacon Burgers with MANchego Cheese
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This burger encompasses all of what a burger should be. It is chock full of roasted jalapenos, onion, garlic and smothered with Manchego cheese. We usually serve it on a toasted bun with mayo. It’s a great, easy to make burger with TONS of flavor.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 pound Good slab bacon (1/2 lb cut and 1/2 sliced, rendered till crispy)
- 2 pound ground beef, 80-percent
- 5 jalapenos, roasted and skins removed, chopped
- 1 1/2 sweet onion, chopped small
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 8-16 oz Manchego cheese, sliced
- 8 Kaiser rolls
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag field greens salad mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a large pan on medium high heat, render the fat from the cubed bacon. Drain fat as it collects, but reserve it in a small cup for later. Once bacon is crispy, drain on paper towels and set aside.
2. Render the strips of bacon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine: ground beef, onions, roasted jalapenos, cubed bacon, 2 eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, chopped garlic, and pepper.
4. Form meat mixture into eight 1/4 pound burgers.
5. In a large pan, add some of the reserved bacon fat and heat on medium-medium high heat.
6. Add burgers to hot pan, cover, and cook 7 minutes on each side.
7. Once done, cover tops of burgers with Manchego cheese and cover to melt.
8. Cut kaiser rolls in half and butter the insides of each bun. Place under broiler until golden brown.
9. Remove from broiler and slather each side with mayo. Place field greens on the bottom of each roll and add burger. Place 2 slices of bacon on top and enjoy!Alternate method
You can certainly grill these awesome burgers on the grill!
Reference: Jalapeno bacon burgers with manchego cheese recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.