Italian rice pudding recipe
Italian Rice Pudding RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Chopped streaky bacon slices (1lb)
2. long grain rice (2 2/3c)
3. chicken stock (3 3/4c)
4. canned peeled tomatoes (14oz)
5. salt (1tsp)
6. cayenne pepper (1tsp)
7. black pepper (1tsp)
8. ground cumin (1/2tsp)
9. grated lemon rind (1tsp)
10. vegetable oil (1c)
11. clean and chopped leeks (4)
Method of preparation
1. Take a flameproof casserole, place it on moderate heat and fry bacon in it for 6 to 7 minutes or until it gets crispy and brown.Then place the pieces on a plate and keep it aside.
2. Now put oil in it and heat it when the oil gets hot then add leeks and fry for 12 minutes and stir it occasionally. Mix rice in it and fry, stirring it frequently for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes with can juice, pepper, cayenne, salt, cumin and lemon rind and then mix it. Now pour this mixture over the stock and boil it. Add the bacon pieces in the casserole.
4. Reduce the heat to low and then simmer the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Now take off the casserole from the heat and then serve it immediately.
Number of servings – 4
Reference: Italian rice pudding recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.