Italian meatloaf recipe
Italian MeatloafThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I don’t very often make this recipe, but when I do, my family raves. I tend to forget about it and make regular meatloaf, or stuffed peppers. It is a wonderful change. It is a combination of meatloaf and lasagna, without the noodles.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fine cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) can chopped mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine first eggs, tomato paste, cracker crumbs, onion, peppers, salt, pepper, and ground beef in large bowl. Mix well.
3. Pat half of the mixture into 8-inch square pan.
4. Combine mushrooms, cottage cheese, and parsley. mix well. Spread over meat mixture. Top with remaining meat mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Reference: Italian meatloaf recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)