Hot dog chili sauce recipe
Hot Dog Chili Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
This recipe makes a wonderful chili sauce for hot dogs. Just place a grilled hot dog in a bun, and top with chili, grated Cheddar cheese and diced onions. Serve immediately.
Ready in: 2 hours 5 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes with puree
- 2 tablespoons quality chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. In a large pot or skillet, brown ground beef, stirring constantly. Drain and return to pot.
2. Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, mixing well. Continue simmering over medium-low heat, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours, or until mixture is very thick.
Reference: Hot dog chili sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.