Honey glazed cornish game hens recipe
Honey-Glazed Cornish Game Hens
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This Cornish game hen recipe was always made X-Mas Eve along with baked vegetables. After we all had our fill, the family members would each get to open a special gift, and when we were done we put cookies out for Santa and went to bed. Next day we had our home-smoked ham. Really Neat Childhood Memory.
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 Cornish Game Hens (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon concentrated chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 10 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl or 1-gallon plastic resealable bag, combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper. Add Cornish game hen halves, then dredge or shake to coat.
3. Pour 1/4 cup butter into 9×13-inch baking pan; place Cornish hen halves in pan, turning pieces to coat. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Combine brown sugar, honey, lime juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter in a mixing bowl; pour over Cornish hens.
5. Bake 40 minutes more or until Cornish hen halves are tender but no longer pink on the inside, basting several times with pan drippings. Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!!
Reference: Honey glazed cornish game hens recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.