Homemade chicken noodle soup recipe
Homemade Chicken Noodle SoupThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a comforting and nourishing meal? Look no further than this homemade chicken noodle soup recipe. Packed with tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and flavorful broth, this classic dish is perfect for warming you up on a chilly day or when you're feeling under the weather. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can whip up a delicious pot of this comforting soup in no time. So grab your apron and get ready to enjoy a bowl of homemade goodness.
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, homemade, comforting, easy, nourishing.
Homemade chicken noodle soup recipe details
I’ve been making this soup for about 20 years and it’s loved by all. It’s pretty simple to make and is delicious.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 3 breasts of chicken, bone and skin on
- 3 chicken leg quarters, skin on
- 3 large sweet yellow onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (9 ounce) bags baby carrots, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground sage
- 1 and 1/2 (1 pound) bags extra-wide egg noodles
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. In a large Dutch oven (approximately 2 gallon size) add all chicken, onions, celery, carrots and seasonings. Everything but the noodles.
2. Add enough water to properly boil chicken until fully cooked. (I like to leave the skin on for a much better broth). This will take about 30 minutes.
3. When the chicken is done, set meat aside to cool. Add egg noodles to broth and boil until cooked.
4. When chicken is cool to touch, remove skin and shred by hand into bite-size pieces.
5. Add chicken to the pot. Cook on medium for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool somewhat and enjoy. Very tasty!!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Homemade chicken noodle soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 42 times, 1 visit(s) today