Asiago chicken with artichokes recipe
Asiago Chicken with ArtichokesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Penne and a creamy cheese sauce will help convince even the pickiest of kids that veggies are great!
Ready in: 50 mins
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces (1/2 package) frozen spinach, thawed
- 14 ounces (or 1 can) artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ounce water
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Start to boil water for pasta, and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Cube chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken just until done and then set aside. Save pan and renderings from chicken.
4. Thoroughly drain spinach and artichokes and set aside.
5. In the pan used for the chicken, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Cook garlic about 30 seconds taking care not to get it too brown.
6. Add the the cream and heat until very hot and just bubbly, but not to a boil. Add the chicken stock and cheese. Stir constantly with a wire whisk and bring temperature back to just bubbly. Dissolve cornstarch in the cold water and add to the sauce. Add the nutmeg and bring to a slow simmer to cook out starchy taste.
7. Lightly toss in the spinach, artichokes, pasta, and chicken to heat.
Share this content!
Reference: Asiago chicken with artichokes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)