Haitian chicken thighs recipe
Haitian Chicken Thighs
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
A hot citrus marinade adds kick to meaty chicken thighs. Garnish with green onions, lime wedges, and orange wedges.
Ready in: 3 hours 20 mins
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 green onions, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero pepper, minced
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- freshly ground black pepper
Prep: 3 hours | Cook: 20 mins
1. Add lime juice, orange juice, oil, thyme, rosemary, brown sugar, green onions, garlic, allspice, and Scotch Bonnet pepper to a non-reactive baking dish large enough to hold all the chicken. Mix well. Add the chicken thighs and turn to coat. Cover and marinate 3-5 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high.
3. Remove chicken, discard marinade, and season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill, skin side down, for about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and place on the side of the grill (or cooler part) and close the cover of the grill. Continue cooking another 10-15 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
Reference: Haitian chicken thighs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.