Grilled wild alaska salmon with sauteed oranges
Grilled Wild Alaska Salmon with Sauteed Oranges recipe
Other Bed and Breakfast, Country
- 4 salmon steaks or 1-pound salmon fillet, quartered
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil (I use sunflower oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 3 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
Arrange salmon in glass dish. In a small bowl, stir together orange juice, cilantro, garlic, sesame seeds, oil, cumin, and pepper until well blended. Pour mixture over salmon; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Turn occasionally.
Preheat broiler or barbecue (use a grilling basket for barbecue). Drain marinade from salmon, reserving it. Broil without turning for ten minutes. Brush at least twice with reserved marinade during broiling. Cook until salmon easily flakes.
While salmon is broiling, pour 1/3 cup of marinade mixture into skillet; add orange slices. Toss gently over medium heat for 5 minutes. Serve salmon with orange slices and drizzled with sauce. Serve hot or chilled.
Tags: recipe, Grilled wild alaska salmon with sauteed oranges, cooking, diy