Grilled venison steak with mustard red onion marinade recipe
Grilled Venison Steak with Mustard Red Onion MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for Grilled Venison Steak with Mustard Red Onion Marinade is a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy lean and tender venison. The marinade combines tangy mustard and sweet red onions to enhance the natural flavors of the meat. Grilling the steak adds a smoky char that perfectly complements the marinade. With just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or special occasion.
Keywords: grilled venison steak, mustard red onion marinade, recipe, lean meat, flavorful.
Grilled venison steak with mustard red onion marinade recipe details
A mustard-flavored deer steak, after a long soak in mustard marinade. Inspired by madcow’s “Mean Mr. Mustard (Steak).”
Ready in: 1 day 30 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 1 venison steak (or more)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 day, marinating
1. Combine mustard and red onions. Coat both sides of steak with the sauce, reserving a small amount. Place in shallow dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours to marinate.
2. Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, coriander, and paprika to create a spice rub. Season steak liberally with mixture, about 1 teaspoon per side.
3. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
4. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
5. Brush excess onion/mustard mixture off steaks and place meat on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
6. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1 1/2 cups marinade, enough for 3 pounds of steak, and 1/4 cup spice rub.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled venison steak with mustard red onion marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.