Grilled tomato pepper salsa recipe
Grilled Tomato & Pepper Salsa
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Your grill lends a smoky flavor to this salsa. Cook it up as soon as you get your grill warm, chill for an hour, and you’ve got an amazing in-between-meats snack.
Ready in: 1 hour 22 mins
- 2 ripe, firm tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 12 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, chilling
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Coat tomatoes and onion in oil. Place on the grill with the corn and cook for about 12 minutes, until corn is tender and beginning to brown.
3. Remove corn from the cob and chop the tomatoes and onions. Combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
4. Cover the salsa with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Reference: Grilled tomato pepper salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.