Grilled new york strip steak with triple threat ginger spice rub recipe
Grilled New York Strip Steak with Triple Threat Ginger Spice Rub
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a delicious steak, but you must have these skills to make it: Can you pour things out of a bottle? Can you put a piece of meat onto a grill? If you think you have these abilities, proceed.
Ready in: 20 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 New York strip steak (or more)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, ginger, and sugar. Rub steak liberally with the spice mixture, about 1 teaspoon per side.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 2 2/3 tablespoons rub, enough for 9 steaks.
Reference: Grilled new york strip steak with triple threat ginger spice rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.