Grilled filet mignon with sweet new mexico marinade recipe
Grilled Filet Mignon with Sweet New Mexico MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
You’ll be thrilled with the sweet/spicy combo of this steak, after a long soak in this amazing steak marinade. Inspired by WileyP’s “Spring Hill Ranch Go-To Grilled Steak 1”
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 filet mignon steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients except steak in a large plastic resealable bag. Add steak, seal the bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.
Share this content!
Reference: Grilled filet mignon with sweet new mexico marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)