Grandmother’s gingerbread recipe
Grandmother’s Gingerbread recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, mace, and nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons mild-flavored molasses
- 5 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice and rind of large orange
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 2 Tablespoons warm water
Combine butter and sugar and add molasses and milk. Mix and sift flour, salt, and spices and add to mixture with eggs, orange juice, and rind. Add the dissolved soda last. Bake in loaf pan at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
Reference: Grandmother’s gingerbread recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.