Grandma burgtorf’s deep dish pizza recipe
Grandma Burgtorf’s Deep Dish PizzaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introGrandma Burgtorf's Deep Dish Pizza recipe is a cherished family tradition that has been passed down through generations. This mouthwatering dish is known for its thick, buttery crust and generous layers of gooey cheese and flavorful toppings. The secret to this pizza's incredible taste lies in the homemade tomato sauce, which is simmered with aromatic herbs and spices. Baked to perfection in a deep dish pan, this pizza is a true crowd-pleaser that will transport you to the heart of Italy with every bite.
Keywords: deep dish pizza, Grandma Burgtorf, family recipe, homemade tomato sauce, flavorful toppings.
Grandma burgtorf's deep dish pizza recipe details
This is a one dish meal. My grandmother made this dish when my dad was growing up. It is a family favorite to this day.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 cups baking mix (e.g. Bisquick(R), Jiffy(R))
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded Chedder cheese
- Ketchup, for topping
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine baking mix and milk to form a dough. Spread dough on bottom and sides of a greased 8×8-inch or 9-inch cast-iron pan.
3. Brown ground beef with onions. Drain off grease.
4. Combine meat, frozen vegetables and cheese together. Place mixture in biscuit shell.
5. Drizzle ketchup over top.
6. Bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees or until crust is done.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grandma burgtorf’s deep dish pizza recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 34 times, 1 visit(s) today