Gluten free lasagna recipe
Gluten-Free LasagnaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
An easy and robust gluten-free lasagna with lots of fresh mozzarella, oregano, and thyme.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
- For sauce:
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (28 to 32 ounce) cans organic crushed tomatoes in thick purée
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- For lasagna:
- grape seed oil for pan
- 18 (7×3 1/2-inch sheets) dry non-gluten lasagna sheets
- 2 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese (smoked or plain), chilled and coarsely grated (5 cups)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. To make sauce: cook onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil with oregano and thyme in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until onions are softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring 1 minute.
2. Add tomatoes and simmer over low heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened (about 18 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in parsley and fresh squeezed orange juice.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and rub two 9×13-inch baking dishes with grapeseed oil.
4. To assemble lasagna: soak lasagna noodle sheets in hot water to cover by 1 inch until softened and flexible, about 20 minutes. Drain.
5. Spread 1 1/2 cups sauce in each baking dish and top sauce in each dish with 3 pasta sheets, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan evenly in each dish.
6. Top with 3 pasta sheets per dish, overlapping if necessary. Repeat layering with 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1 cup sauce, and 3 pasta sheets in each dish. Finish assembling lasagna by topping each with 1 cup sauce. (You will have leftover sauce and mozzarella.)
7. Bake lasagna, covered with foil, in middle of oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 cups mozzarella. Bake until bubbling and cheese has melted, about 10 minutes more.
8. Serve lasagna with some of remaining sauce, reheated.Make Ahead
Sauce may be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered. You can make and bake lasagna 1 day ahead to the point of adding last layer of mozzarella. Cool completely, then chill, covered. Bring to room temperature before reheating with final layer of mozzarella, covered, in a 375 degree F oven until hot, about 30 minutes.
Share this content!
Reference: Gluten free lasagna recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.