Fresh tomato chile and basil sauce with pasta recipe
Fresh Tomato, Chile and Basil Sauce With Pasta
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A lovely mild tomato and chilli pasta sauce with a hint of basil. Goes with any pasta (or try serving over chicken) and takes minutes to make!
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 fresh vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, de-seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 or 3 green or red chilli peppers, deseeded and diced
- Pasta of your choice, already cooked, enough for 2
- 4 fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onions. Cook until soft. Add garlic, cook for about 1 more minute until garlic is just done.
2. Add diced tomatoes, tomato puree and chiles. Mix well and once hot, add your cooked pasta and toss. Serve with a basil leaf for garnish.
Reference: Fresh tomato chile and basil sauce with pasta recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.