Flat iron steak with apple juice marinade recipe
Flat Iron Steak with Apple Juice Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Adam ate the apple, but he may well have wanted it to make this tangy steak.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 flat iron steak
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Mix first 5 ingredients and pour into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add the flat iron steak, seal the bag, and turn/shake to coat the steak. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. Drain and discard marinade. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the flat iron steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1 3/4 cups marinade, enough for 3 1/2 pounds of meat.
Reference: Flat iron steak with apple juice marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.