Feta fettucini recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Fresh veggies make this dish light and very flavorful! A dry red or white wine adds great flavor and the same wine in a glass compliments the dish.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 3-4 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/4 container of crimini mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper chopped
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red or white wine (optional)
- 2-3 tbs of dried oregano
- 2-3 tbs of dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 box of fettucini
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Chop up all veggies and add to large skillet. Drizzle in olive oil and add wine. Sprinkle spices in skillet and turn heat on medium-high.
2. Begin cooking your pasta as directed on pasta box.
3. Sautee veggies and stir/flip every couple of minutes to ensure thorough cooking for about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring/flipping occasionally for about 20 minutes.
4. Drain pasta (do not rinse, rinsing pasta washes away the ability for sauce to stick to pasta) and serve fettucini with the sauce (as little or as much as you like). Sprinkle on feta cheese once on plate/in bowls.
Reference: Feta fettucini recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.