El vaquero loco chile crazy cowboy chili recipe
El Vaquero Loco Chile: Crazy Cowboy ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Growing up in Boy Scouts you learn all kinds of different ways to cook. This started out as my scoutmaster’s Dutch oven chili. Now that I’m grown up, I’ve adjusted the recipe to my own tastes. This is a great one for that slow cooker, Dutch oven, or even a pot on the stove. You might want to put a warning sticker on this one, it’s spicy!
Ready in: 3 hours 20 mins
- 1 (12 ounce) can or bottle your favorite beer
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red chili beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground beef (you can substitute pork or venison)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 5 serrano peppers, diced
- 2 habanero peppers, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- shredded cheese, oyster crackers, and sour cream for serving
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Combine the beer, tomato sauce, red beans, and chili seasoning in a slow cooker and set to High heat.
2. Cook the ground beef in a nonstick skillet over high heat, crumbling it as it cooks. Once the meat is no longer pink, stir in the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, black pepper, and red curry powder. Continue cooking and stirring until browned. Stir into the slow cooker when done.
3. While the beef is browning, melt the butter in the olive oil in a separate skillet or large pot. Cook the jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, habanero peppers, bell pepper, onion, and garlic until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir into the slow cooker when ready.
4. Cover and cook on High 2 hours (or 6 hours on Low) until the beef is tender and the flavors have blended.
5. Serve with cheese, crackers, and a dollop of sour cream, if you have the hankerin’.
Reference: El vaquero loco chile crazy cowboy chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)