Eggs creole clementine recipe
Eggs Creole Clementine recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- Four 1/2-inch rounds French bread, toasted
- 2 small green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 Tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh)
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce, homemade or canned
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Saute green onion and bell pepper in olive oil. Add garlic, oregano, thyme, cayenne (optional), and salt and pepper to taste. Saute until vegetables are tender. Add tomato sauce and water. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Cook down to rather thick sauce. Carefully crack eggs into simmering sauce. Cover and turn heat to low; simmer about 5 minutes for medium-poached eggs. Place 2 French bread rounds on each plate. With large spoon, place an egg on a bread round and cover with sauce and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve with Cajun sausage, if desired.
Reference: Eggs creole clementine recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)