N c pork bbq recipe
N.C. Pork BBQ
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Just like Dad’s, the BBQ king of the NC Coast. Pork is slow roasted with vinegar and red pepper flakes.
Ready in: 2 hours 10 mins
- 5 pounds pork butt/shoulder
- 1 quart apple cider vinegar
- 1 quart white vinegar
- 2 ounces cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces red pepper flakes
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. Place pork in a roasting pan. Pierce with knife several times. Mix rest of ingredients in bowl, then pour over pork.
2. Cover pork with parchment paper, then cover with foil tightly.
3. Place in a 350 degree F oven for 2 hours. When pork reaches 165 degrees F, it’s done. Chop or slice and enjoy.
Reference: N c pork bbq recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.