Eggs benedict with prosciutto and asparagus recipe
Eggs Benedict with Prosciutto and AsparagusThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Skip the Canadian Bacon and try Eggs Benedict with salty, thin and meaty Italian-style prosciutto.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 5 eggs
- 4 1/2 ounces trimmed asparagus stalks
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and hot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Cover 4 eggs with cold water in a saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes, then drain and set in a bowl of ice water to cool briefly. Peel and slice.
2. While eggs are boiling, place asparagus in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with plastic wrap, and poke the wrap once with a knife. Microwave on High for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, until asparagus is crisp-tender.
3. Crack 1 egg into a food processor with lemon juice and seasoning. Puree, then slowly add melted butter. Add creme fraiche; pour into a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. On each muffin half, place 2 slices of prosciutto, 1 sliced egg, some of the cooked asparagus, and some of the lemon sauce. Serve.
Reference: Eggs benedict with prosciutto and asparagus recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)