Eggplant pizza recipe
Eggplant PizzaThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Proving that anything can be awesome in pizza form, we present this pizza with two forms of eggplant.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 small eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup jarred caponata, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces frozen pizza dough thawed
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat grill to medium and oil grate.
2. Coat eggplant with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 more minutes. Transfer to cutting board and chop. In a bowl, combine eggplant, caponata mix, and mozzarella.
3. Split up the pizza dough into two even pieces. Stretch out into rectangles, about 7×10-inches; place on grill and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Flip the dough rectangles and spread the eggplant cheese mixture on top. Grill for another 4 minutes, then serve.
Reference: Eggplant pizza recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)