Egg blossoms recipe
Egg Blossoms recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- Phyllo dough (3 sheets, cut to approximately 4 inches square, per serving)
- Melted butter (approximately 1 Tablespoon)
- Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- Canadian ham, cubed (1 slice per serving)
- Fresh spinach, stemmed and chopped
- 1 large egg per serving
- Hollandaise sauce
- Paprika and fresh chives for garnish
Spray Texas-style muffin tin or mold of equivalent size with non-stick cooking spray. Place each piece of phyllo dough into mold, brushing each with melted butter. Place the cheese into the bottom, then add the ham, and then the spinach. Make a well into the spinach and crack a whole egg carefully into the well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in center of oven for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes to cool slightly. Remove from pan carefully and put on plate. Top with Hollandaise sauce, sprinkle with a little paprika, and top with a criss-cross of fresh chives.
Reference: Egg blossoms recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.