Easy rigatoni with ground lamb tomato sauce recipe
Easy Rigatoni with Ground Lamb Tomato Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Combining the bold flavor of lamb with tomato sauce. Ultimate comfort food.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry rigatoni pasta (one box)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Brown ground lamb until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, adding cooked lamb when there’s 5 minutes left to go.
6. For the rigatoni, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the rigatoni is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Reference: Easy rigatoni with ground lamb tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.