Easy rigatoni with crab tomato sauce recipe
Easy Rigatoni with Crab Tomato Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
These large pasta tubes will attract tomato sauce and bits of cooked crab the way happy hour draws in the after-work crowd. The result? Great flavor from a simple dish.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound cooked crab meat
- 1 pound dry rigatoni pasta (one box)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat all but 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
4. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
5. About 5 minutes before sauce is done, add the cooked crab meat and continue to simmer.
6. For the rigatoni, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the rigatoni is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Reference: Easy rigatoni with crab tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.