Easy rigatoni with ground beef tomato sauce recipe
Easy Rigatoni with Ground Beef Tomato Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
You’re gonna dig the way the bits of ground beef get trapped in the pasta tubes in this simple, quick-cooking tomato sauce.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry rigatoni pasta (one box)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 30 mins
1. Brown ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered. After 20 minutes, add the reserved ground beef, then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. For the rigatoni: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the rigatoni is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Reference: Easy rigatoni with ground beef tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.