Easy linguine with chicken tomato sauce recipe
Easy Linguine with Chicken Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis easy linguine with chicken tomato sauce recipe is a delicious and satisfying dish that can be whipped up in no time. The combination of tender chicken and tangy tomato sauce creates a flavorful and comforting meal. With just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want something quick and delicious.
Keywords: linguine, chicken, tomato sauce, easy recipe, quick meal.
Easy linguine with chicken tomato sauce recipe details
A tasty, filling way to use chicken breast; as part of this simple pasta dish.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry linguine pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Add cubed chicken and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, adding chicken when there’s 5 minutes left to go.
6. For the linguine, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the linguine is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easy linguine with chicken tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 35 times, 1 visit(s) today