Easy fettuccine with basic tomato sauce recipe
Easy Fettuccine with Basic Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis easy fettuccine with basic tomato sauce recipe is a simple yet delicious dish that can be prepared in no time. With just a handful of ingredients, you can create a flavorful tomato sauce that perfectly coats the tender fettuccine noodles. Whether you're a beginner cook or short on time, this recipe is perfect for satisfying your pasta cravings.
Keywords: easy, fettuccine, basic tomato sauce, recipe, simple
Easy fettuccine with basic tomato sauce recipe details
These fat noodles deserve a bold taste. Cook one up quick with this simple tomato sauce.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry fettuccini pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks. Keep heating it until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
4. For the fettuccini, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
5. When the fettuccine is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easy fettuccine with basic tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 32 times, 2 visit(s) today