Easy farfalle with tomato sauce and mussels recipe
Easy Farfalle with Tomato Sauce and Mussels⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Dress up this fancy recipe with bow tie pasta, a.k.a. farfalle.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 pound mussels, well-rinsed, open or cracked shells discarded
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry farfalle pasta (one box)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. In a large pot, combine mussels and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover and let the mussels steam until the shells are fully open, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
6. For the farfalle: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the farfalle is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce and the reserved steamed mussels. Serve!
Tags: recipe, Easy farfalle with tomato sauce and mussels recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Easy farfalle with tomato sauce and mussels recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com