Easiest possible lamb shanks in history recipe
Easiest Possible Lamb Shanks in History
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Can you put things in a pot? Can you turn your oven on? Then you can make this delicious old-world lamb recipe.
Ready in: 4 hours 10 mins
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 pitted kalamata olives
- 8 pitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons chopped jarred preserved lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 4 hours
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Stir all ingredients together in a Dutch oven. Cover.
3. Bake for 4 hours, until lamb is very tender. Serve.
Reference: Easiest possible lamb shanks in history recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.