Droopy lupe’s cuban burger recipe
Droopy Lupe’s Cuban Burger
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This recipe puts a Cuban spin on the classic Juicy Lucy with Swiss cheese-stuffed burgers topping grilled ham slices.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1/2 cup Cuban mojito sauce
- 1 thin ham steak
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Goya(R) adobo seasoning, or to taste
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, divided
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup Cuban mojito sauce for topping the burgers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 30 mins, marinating
1. Brush the ham steak with some of the 1/2 cup of mojito sauce, and set aside. Mix the ground pork with the remaining mojito sauce and adobo seasoning; marinate 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
3. Fold four of the Swiss cheese slices into a quarter of their original size. Form the ground pork around the folded cheese slices to make four patties. Make sure the cheese is completely enclosed.
4. Cook the burgers and ham steak on the grill until the burgers are cooked, and the ham steak is hot and has nice grill marks on it.
5. Cut the ham steak into four burger-sized pieces and eat the rest before somebody sees you! Top each piece with a slice of Swiss cheese.
6. Place the ham steak with cheese on the bottom of the buns. Top that with one of the burgers.
7. Top your burger with pickle slices, a little bit of mojito sauce, and mayonnaise. Feel free to add whatever rabbit food you like, but it’s definitely not needed. Don’t forget to put the top bun on and have plenty of napkins handy!Serving suggestion
Serve with fried plantains and a little Cuban mojito for dipping.
Tags: recipe, Droopy lupe’s cuban burger recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Droopy lupe’s cuban burger recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com