Double tomato risotto recipe
Double Tomato Risotto
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A simple delicious risotto with sun-dried and Roma tomatoes. I like to add in turkey polpettini (small meatballs about the size of a nickel).
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce arborio rice
- 3 – 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce sun dried tomatoes (preferably cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (sun dried if you can find it)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch thyme
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and small diced
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. In a medium skillet sauté the onion in the oil until translucent over medium heat.
2. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 cup of stock, and sugar and stir.
4. Simmer the rice until the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Add the sun dried tomatoes and 1/2 c. of the stock and cook until the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally
6. Add the tomato paste and another 1/2 c. stock with the herbs.
7. Continue adding stock and cooking in this manner until the rice is al dente.
8. The rice should be smooth, creamy, and oozy but not dry.
9. At the last minute stir in the diced Roma tomato and the butter and season with salt & pepper.
Reference: Double tomato risotto recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.