Derrick’s mexican rice recipe
Derrick’s Mexican Rice
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A Mexican meal is not complete without this tasty little side dish. Easy to prepare and full of flavor.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and brown the rice.
2. Place tomatoes in a food processor and process till you get a rough chop.
3. Place tomatoes, broth, cumin and chili powder in a 2-quart pot over med-low heat.
4. When rice is brown add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute till veggies start to wilt.
5. Add rice mixture to liquid pot and bring to a boil.
6. Cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. DO NOT REMOVE THE LID WHILE SIMMERING!!!
7. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes and then mix in chopped cilantro.
Reference: Derrick’s mexican rice recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)